Sunday, May 31, 2009

My VERY Last Year!





Saturday I just got back from Camp Shadow Pines! I love that place! I had lots and lots of fun crazy adventures! The theme was " Treasure Island, An Eternal Adventure." Each ward was assigned a Value and a gem of that values color. We were the Blue Sapphires of Divine Nature! I loved it! Some of our cheers were "Stayin Divine, Stayin Divine." haha, and " I'm a little Sapphire bright and blue, we've got Divine Nature, How bout you?" haha, We had fun with that. On Bishop's Night, we were on a "Cruise" (in the gym) when a storm hit and we had to evacuate onto "Destiny Island." Each ward had to find a different "Treasure Tool" to repair the boat. We had to find scriptures. The whole thing was a little cheesy, But very cool. We went to different people like Esther, Daniel, and Joseph Smith who represented treasures like Faith, Word of Wisdom, and Prayer. From each of them we got a little flag to tie to a rope our "guide" (bishop) had. Our last one was Mormon who represented scriptures and he came back to the "ship" with us. But, the girls had to be blindfolded because sometimes in life, we are blinded or alone amid our trials. And they all had to hold tight to the rope with all there treasures on it. And when we got back to the ship our "captain (Bro Ray) told us there was one last treasure we would need to get through the storm and when er walked in there was a giant picture of the Savior projected on the wall. It was really special to hear about all the testimonies that were strengthened by that. but anyway, I just thought I would share a spirtual experience before I shared all our fun goofy pictures! Here they are!!



The day before real camp, I went with the 4th years on their tent over nighter. This year, I made friends with our only 4th year, Valerie Tiffany. She is super fun and hillarious! She nicknamed me nun because I wrote Sister Kazhia on my name tag instead of Sister Mellor! Hahaha!
Every year at the over nighter, we have a zipline. This was my 4th time there, and that thing NEVER gets old!! Haha!

We also get to shoot potato guns every year! This one shoots potatoes farther than a football field! I'm basically an expert.



Me and Val spent our free time in the YCL tent with Andrea, Tobie, and Kelsey. Valerie didn't really know them, but she got to know them and had a LOT of fun!! Especially messing around with my "Fib Finder!"
They love us at Camp Shadow Pines! Veterans like me know most of the Staff's names! V-man is the bomb!



This was my tribute to Kylee who I missed very much!! Camp just wasn't the same without her! JOY!!



This is all of our girls in front of a cool new fire truck they put in the middle of camp!



This is all of us leaders being "Divine Divas" with our sequin headbands and wristbands! Paula, Molly, Vanessa (with her eyes closed), and Me! I love these ladies!


This was our flag for Survivor night! Very awesome!


This is the finniest sign at Shadow Pines and I just had to take a picture this year!


These are the three girls I spent rotations with. Liz, Angela, and Valerie. They are amazing! At the moment they are trying to untie a human pretzel...


Brother Teeples is one of my FAVORITE Priesthood leaders! He gave a great lesson on trials and the Holy Ghost.


Brother Brown is our other favorite priesthood leader! He seems totally quiet till he busts out in ballet, a cheer, or a crazy skit! haha!

This is our awesome Bishop and his beautiful wife! How cute!!

Here we are eating dinner in the cafeteria on Bishop's Night. Doesn't that roast beef look appetizing?!?! Ha!
While we were waiting for the last night program we had a little photo shoot. We tried to make a real pyramid, but everyone fell to the ground first. See:



Haha!


This is me and Shay, a new girl from a different ward! She is totally cute and sweet! Everyone said we looked like sisters! Weird!


Me and Angela striking a pose! I love her!



Angela and her lil sister Bekah! They are the cutest sisters!


Me and Paula! I love her to death and will miss her so much now that I am leaving Young Womens! =(

Sabrina is also new. She is the cutest tiniest little beehive I've ever seen and super fun and adorable!

Me and Kelsey girl! I'll miss my little sister bunches while I'm in Utah. (But not as much as I'll miss her real sister!) But we had soooo much fun at camp!




2 comments:

  1. How weird! I can not believe you were actually a leader! And by the way...I don't care if your stupid cougar could dodge my lumber jack cuz I could totally take you any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All to much fun without me :) I'm sad I couldn't be there with you, or that you couldn't be here with me all week! lol You look as cute as ever in all your pictures tho! I'm glad to see that you learned so fast how to have fun when im not there, it's cool, no hard feelings :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment about this crazy adventure here!